29 October 2008

Ich Bin Ein Munchener

Thanks to the reviews at Bookshelves of Doom, I recently read the Vicky Bliss mysteries by Elizabeth Peters and absolutely loved them (especially the later few). The thing is, although I certainly love Vicky, and Schmidt, and Sir John Smythe, and even creepy Max, I love Munich more, and I'm incredibly jealous of Vicky being able to live there. I want to live in Munich, and drink kafe mit schlag in old cafes, and ride an old bicycle through the park, and read Goethe (in German, of course- I should probably start learning). Then my sister had to go and post pictures of our Central European trip this past summer, and now I have an absolutely overwhelming craving for the metropolises (metropoli?) of old Mitteleuropa. So if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go find some whipped cream for my coffee.

No comments: