28 October 2008

Duct Tape to the Rescue

The other night, while wandering about the back yard with my trusty candle-lantern (yes, I still do that- I keep hoping something or someone out of the ordinary will come speak to me, but so far the only creatures I've attracted have been cats. A common dilemma, I hear.), I decided that I wanted a hook in my room on which to hang said lantern. I knew that I wanted to use a particular apple branch I'd been saving, and I knew where on the bookshelf I wanted to locate this branch, but I wasn't at all sure how I was going to make the branch stay where I wanted it while bearing the lantern's weight. It isn't very heavy, but a burning candle dropping onto the carpet is not my idea of a laugh. I have more refined tastes in humor.

Luckily for me, we have plenty of duct tape in the house. And when I say plenty, I do mean it- I must have used at least a yard to hold that ruddy stick in place, but I wasn't taking any chances, and the end certainly justified the mean. Doesn't it look nice and woodsy?

No comments: