07 October 2009

Bluebells

"The house they had built was quite modest--it even had a thatched roof--but their gardens soon became one of the wonders of the land. It was said that Abdullah had help in their design from at least one of the Royal Wizards, for how else could even an Ambassador have a bluebell wood that grew bluebells all the year round?" -Castle in the Sky, Diana Wynne Jones
I know it's fall, and I love fall, but these images from Bright Star and I Capture the Castle keep popping into my head. I love bluebells--I don't even think they grow in this part of California, but they're one of my favorite flowers, and I wish I could have a bluebell wood that grew bluebells all year round. Wouldn't it be lovely to wander about at dusk with a lantern lighting your way and revealing that perfect, autumn-sky blue around your feet?

No comments: